Saturday, June 6, 2009

Last Weekend in Japan off to Great Start

Hi again. My last weekend in Japan started out with a victory, and another one tomorrow would be really big for us as we close out the first half of the season.

The weather looked terrible this morning, but after a two-hour delay we
were able to begin our game. I don't think I've ever seen a field in
such bad shape be made playable like ours was today. We showed up
to find several inches of standing water covering the field, but a crew aided by
volunteers used shovels and sponges until we had a pretty decent
playing surface. Never in a million years would I have expected that we would get that game in when I saw the field covered in water.

We had another great offensive performance, and I only pitched the first two innings. My line for two innings of work was one strikeout and one single with no runs allowed. We were ahead 4-0 after 2-1/2 innings, and Yamane came in to releive me. We where ahead 11-0 after six, and Matsumura finished the game for us.

We are 6-4 for the season and finish up the first half tomorrow against Hitachi Software, which entered today's game vs. Toda Hospital with a 6-3 record. So a win tomorrow against them would push us up in the standings and be a great way to end our first half. The rain should be over now, so we're hoping to be back on schedule for a 10:30 a.m. start tomorrow. I'll report back after the game. Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment