Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rough Weekend for Us, But ...

Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day Weekend!

It was a rough weekend for us. We lost a heartbreaker Saturday to Toyota Automobile, 5-4 in 9 innings. I pitched the last eight innings after coming in to relieve the starter and gave up four runs - I think three of them were earned.

We lost Sunday as well, 4-1 to Toyota Shokki. It was another tough game, and things just didn't go our way. I didn't get to pitch on Sunday. That leaves us at 5-4 now with two weeks until our next game.

Despite the losses, I'm excited to see my dad, who is visiting this week. I'm looking forward to spending some time with him, showing him around and working on my pitching mechanics a little bit. I'm also excited to be coming home in a few weeks and for National Team tryouts to begin. It's a huge honor to be considered good enough to take the field and compete with the best players in the U.S.

With two weeks to regroup, I'm hoping that we can end the first half of our season on a good note. Either way it has been a great experience here in Japan. I'm looking forward to a busy summer of softball back home and then returning for the second half of the Japanese schedule at the end of August.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela:

    Ever since I stayed up last one night last year to watch a TV replay of your perfect game against the US National Team, I've been a fan. It was one of the most extraordinary athletic accomplishments I've ever witnessed.

    I imagine Japan is something of a culture shock, but I'm sure having the opportunity to continue playing softball is gratifying. I've told more than one person that you are my favorite female athlete. When they see your photos they assume it's because you're beautiful, but though that never hurts, it really has more to do with how much I admire individual excellence.

    Best of luck during US National Team tryouts. I have absolutely no doubt you will become an integral part of the team. I look forward to following your continued success.

    - Steve

    ReplyDelete