Saturday, May 9, 2009

Offensive Explosion

Hello again. Happy Mother's Day weekend to everyone back home! The weekend started out great for us in Kakegawa, Shizuokoa. After falling behind early we rallied for a 12-1 victory against Shinogi to improve our record to 4-0.

Yamane was our starting pitcher, and pitched the first two innings before I came in for the third with us trailing, 1-0. I gave up a single with one out in the 3rd, but we were able to get a pop up on a bunt and a ground ball to get out of the inning. We came back in the bottom of the inning to score runs four and take the lead. Erina Inoue had a great game, hitting a triple with bases loaded to drive in three of the runs.

In the fourth we held them to a pop-up and two ground ball outs before putting the game away with another great inning offensively. Erina once again came up with bases loade and knocked in three runs with a double to the gap. Tanaka, our third baseman, hit a solo home run, and one of our younger players, Kouda, had her first league hit with a double to left field.

Matsumura relieved me to start the fifth inning and pitched two scoreless innings. Yamane reentered the game in the seventh to close it for us. I guess I was in the right place at the right time, entering the game right before our offense took control, so I was able to earn the win. Overall, I think it was a great offensive game for us, and we feel really good heading into tomorrow. Denso, another undefeated team, was leading Toda Hospital 9-0 when we left the park, so tomorrow should be a good match-up and test for us against them. My friend Megan Gibson, who I did the Nokiona Diamonds in the Rough photo/video shoot with, plays for Denso, so we might pitch against each other. It would be strange to face her all the way over here in Japan, but fun nonetheless!

We'll be heading back to Tokyo after tomorrow's game, so I'll try to check back in sometime tomorrow. If I can't get anything posted tomorrow I'd like to wish all the mom's out there a wonderful mother's day.

Talk to you soon,

Angela

5 comments:

  1. I wish I were able to see the Tincher/Gibson match up. Very proud of you. Realizing your dreams is special. Enjoy it!

    -Rob Crews

    ReplyDelete
  2. The updates are really appreciated, Angela, especially the fact that you provide enough details for us to get a sense of the action. Keep it up. It won't be long before your fans can follow you and the Racers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the fans copy & paste in google search images
    ( エンジェラ・ティンチャー )
    how do you sign autographed softballs in japan? I guess I will have to get a new one this year ha... see you in allentown,pa & don't forget to bring your glove. John Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 090523 TOYOTA vs LeoPalace21 on youtube
    =http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DZT0Wc9ZTY
    090524 LeoPalace21 vs TOYOTA SHOKKI
    =http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoHpfxDFkJ8&feature=related
    090412 LeoPalace21 vs TODA HSP
    =http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3g-NWRjk0&feature=channel_page

    Good luck you play in Japan.
    Cheer from Japanese fan.

    ReplyDelete